Sunday, November 13, 2011

Review: Tit For Tat by Delilah Fawkes


It was a couple of months ago that I picked up my copy of Tit For Tat by Delilah Fawkes on Amazon while browsing free stories.  As you may, or may not, know the "freebie" listing on Amazon and many other sites are a great place to find many short works, some fantastic and some substandard.  As a marketing tool for authors and publishers I think it is a great way to showcase new talent, however there are quite a few who choose to showcase whatever, as if it will actually entice readers to pay money when the distinct possibility is that what they will be paying for will be as bad as, if not worse than, what they received for free.

As soon as I opened up Tit For Tat I braced myself.  From the opening line and through the first couple of paragraphs I had a feeling, you know, that bad feeling I get, that I knew exactly where this story was going.  However as I read on I was pleasantly surprised to have Ms. Fawkes spin out a little quickie that was fresh and actually did not end up the way I was thinking it would.

Tit For Tat is the story of Sara, a college student, who along with her roommate Kim, attend a party where they end up paring up with Scott and Jamie, two notorious womanizers who are also known for playing around within their own sex as well.  Once they have a room to themselves they begin to play a little game of we'll play with each other if you'll play with each other first.  I had visions of American Pie 2 in my mind from the beginning, but Fawkes takes it beyond that sophomoric little comedy scene, making it a full scene of consensual same-sex hotness.  I had expected that in the end the guys and girls would pair off, but that never happened, and in my opinion really helped the story further break from the realm of the stereotypical and predictable.

At least on Amazon the story has been attacked for being too short and offering more sample scenes from Fawkes's other work which make up more than half the length of the eBook itself, but that's the nature of independent writing.  The only things I can fault this short and sweet little story with are a couple of spelling and usage errors, as well as a formatting issue that causes the paragraphs to appear without indentations or breaks.  That said this is a Four Star story and for the most part is a good example of an author self-promoting with a free work which includes several good sample scenes as well as a complete story.

Delilah Fawkes has published several short stories and novellas, many with a college theme or setting.  This is one of the best bisexual stories that I have ever seen without any actual bi action, and it gets along without it just fine, as well as doing the job when it comes to getting the blood flowing.

You can find Tit For Tat as a free eBook here:

Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050YUSAS
Barnes & Noble:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tit-for-tat-delilah-fawkes/1103948655
Smashwords:  http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/59738
Diesel eBook Store:  http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/item/SW00000059738/Fawkes-Delilah-Tit-for-Tat/1.html
Sony eBook Store:  http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/delilah-fawkes/tit-for-tat/_/R-400000000000000424305

Lurk for it if you want a good, hot and quick 20 minute read with both M/M and F/F action!


Master Vyle


No comments:

Post a Comment